2023 Chart for New M-Pesa Transaction Fees, M-Pesa Fees for Withdrawals, and M-Pesa Fees for Sending Money.
Without a question, Safaricom is the top telecom provider in all of East Africa. Over 30 million people are subscribers to the telco corporation nationwide.
Transactions on Mpesa that are still free
As the business declares new transaction fees. The following mpesa services will continue to be provided without charge, it is vital to note;
- Sending ksh 100 or less to a registered mpesa number.
- Buying airtime through mpesa.
- Registering for Mpesa.
- Mpesa balance enquiry.
- Changing Mpesa pin.
The most you can spend via Mpesa is still Sh 300,000. Kenyans would need to dig deeper into their wallets though when the new MPesa fees go into effect.
2023: New Mpesa transaction fees
The updated MPESA chart with the new transaction fees is shown here;
These are fees that a consumer pays based on the amount of their transaction and the type of transaction they are making, such as sending or withdrawing money.
Below are M-PESA Tariffs.
|Transaction Range (Kshs)|
|Min||Max||Transfer to otherM-PESA users||Transfer to unregistered users||Transfer to other M-PESA users, Pochi La Biashara, and Business Till to customer||Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent|
|Min (Kshs)||Max (Kshs)||M-PESA Charges|
|Other Transactions||M-PESA Charges|
|Buy Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA balance inquiry||FREE|
|Change M-PESA PIN||FREE|
|B2C Tariff & One Account B2C Tariff|
- Maximum Account Balance is Kshs.300,000
- Maximum daily transaction value is kshs.300,000
- Maximum amount per transaction is Kshs.150,000
- The minimum amount you can withdraw at an M-PESA Agent is Kshs.50
- To initiate M-PESA person to person self-reversal, send the transaction confirmation to 456
- To be able to transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- One can deposit funds only into M-PESA account registered under their own identification document (ID). Depositing directly into third party accounts is not allowed.
- You will earn Bonga Points from the M-PESA fee charged when you transact.
- To transact at any M-PESA agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document with which the M-PESA was registered, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport
- Dial *334# to view application charges or use M-PESA cost calculator on My Safaricom App
Get more on; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.safaricom.co.ke/personal/m-pesa/mpesa-charges&ved=2ahUKEwiIh_WwlcD-AhXeSvEDHbzSADEQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1xx1d4C-iTCnVBTdUbrgCx