The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), a State Parastatal, is dedicated to making sure that its members have access to healthcare depending on their preferences, needs, and medical conditions.
All eligible members, both in the formal and unofficial sectors, are registered with NHIF. It is required to be a member for people working in the official sector. Membership is free and available to pensioners and persons in the unorganized sector.
How to register with NHIF
To register with NHIF as a member, fill in the Members Form. To register as an employer or organized group, fill in the Employers Form.
How to choose NHIF Outpatient Facility
In order to offer complete out-patient benefits to members across the nation under the national scheme, NHIF has thus far contracted with a number of medical facilities located throughout all counties.
After the Covid-19 outbreak, NHIF launched self-care portals that let members select a new outpatient hospital for themselves and their dependents, confirm an existing preference, or modify an existing one.
It’s crucial to learn how to choose an outpatient facility on a mobile phone. There are three ways to do this:
- NHIF USSD Code *155#
- NHIF Mobile App (My NHIF)
- Our website (http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance /nhifselfcare/)
NHIF USSD code *155#
- Dial *155#
- Select your language either English or Kiswahili.
- Enter your ID
- Select option you want effect and follow all the instructions that will pop on you screen
NHIF Mobile App (My NHIF)
- Download My NHIF Self-care app from google store or by clicking here.
- Enter your ID Number
- Request for an One Time Pin(OTP) that will be sent to your phone number. Enter the pin and you will be logged in to the app.
- Once you have been logged in select the option choose Outpatient Facility or Change Outpatient Facility depending on what you want to accomplish.
NHIF Website nhifselfcare
- Use this link http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcare to acces NHIF selfcare portal.
- Enter your ID Number then click on continue.
- You will be prompted to enter One Time Pin(OTP) that will be sent to your mobile phone number. Once you have entered the pin click on Verify.
- While in NHIF Selfcare dashboard click on Change Outpatient Facility as shown below:NHIF Selfcare portal
- Follow subsequent steps that will require you choose the county and the preferred outpatient facility.