Internship Opportunities at TI-kenya
Internship Opportunities at TI-kenya. Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is a non-profit organization that is part of the global Transparency International movement.
It is dedicated to fighting corruption and promoting transparency, accountability, and integrity in Kenya.
Here is a profile of Transparency International Kenya:
- Mission: Transparency International Kenya’s mission is to work towards a corruption-free Kenya by promoting good governance and advocating for transparency and accountability in both the public and private sectors.
- History: Transparency International Kenya was established in 1999 as a chapter of Transparency International, a global civil society organization based in Berlin, Germany. It operates as an independent and non-partisan entity in Kenya.
- Anti-corruption Advocacy: TI-Kenya actively engages in advocacy efforts to combat corruption in Kenya. It conducts research, analysis, and campaigns aimed at promoting transparency, accountability, and integrity. The organization works with government institutions, civil society organizations, the private sector, and the public to create awareness about corruption and develop effective strategies to address it.
- Programs and Activities: TI-Kenya implements various programs and activities to achieve its objectives. These include:
- a. Research and Analysis: Conducting research and analysis on corruption-related issues in Kenya, such as governance, public procurement, and financial transparency.
- b. Civic Education: Promoting civic education and awareness on corruption, ethics, and integrity among citizens, particularly the youth, through workshops, training, and outreach programs.
- c. Legal and Policy Advocacy: Advocating for legal and policy reforms to strengthen anti-corruption measures, enhance transparency, and improve accountability in Kenya. This includes engaging with policymakers and stakeholders to influence legislation and policies related to corruption.
- d. Whistleblower Protection: Supporting and advocating for the protection of whistleblowers who report corruption and providing them with the necessary legal and moral support.
- e. Corporate Governance: Promoting good corporate governance practices in the private sector by engaging with businesses and encouraging transparency, ethics, and anti-corruption measures.
- f. Public Integrity and Accountability Index: Developing and publishing an annual index that assesses the integrity and accountability of public institutions in Kenya.
- Partnerships and Networks: TI-Kenya collaborates with various stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, international institutions, and the private sector. It actively participates in regional and international anti-corruption networks and initiatives to share knowledge, experiences, and best practices.
- Transparency International Affiliation: As a chapter of Transparency International, TI-Kenya aligns its activities with the broader objectives and values of the global movement. It contributes to the collective efforts of Transparency International in the fight against corruption worldwide.
Transparency International Kenya plays a crucial role in advocating for integrity, accountability, and transparency in Kenya. By working towards a corruption-free society, it aims to promote sustainable development, social justice, and equal opportunities for all Kenyans
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency
International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and
organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the
greater good of Kenya.